Translate

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Arrow

Last Night saw the Premier of Arrow on sky one. Base on the DC Comics Green Arrow.
Now again if you haven't seen it then this post may contain spoilers so be warned.
From the opening couple of minutes you can tell that this Oliver Queen is going to be darker then the comic book version.
Queen is Ship wrecked on an island in the North China Sea after his fathers boat is sunk in a storm. The start see's him rescued by fishermen by using an flaming arrow to start a bonfire.
Queen is then back in the world so to say but it is a world different from the one he left 5 years ago.
Determined to clean up his city he starts by taking down one of  the cities crime boss by stealing his money and depositing in in the banks of people he has wronged.
I have always been interested in the Green Arrow comic as when I was a kid he was the back up story for my favorite book of all time the Batman, Now this Green Arrow is a lot darker then I remember but that's not a bad thing?
I think that this is a good start for green arrow and I am interested to see how thing move on from here but I am hoping that it doesn't turn into another smallville or even the great but short lived Birds of Prey.

All in all IF DC Comics are going to match Marvels Avengers Assemble with the Justice League of America I don't think Oliver Queen will make the roll call just yet.
Oh and one last thing..... Did we see Deathstrokes mask in the first couple of minutes??? We will have to wait and see....








     

No comments:

Post a Comment