Translate

Monday 25 February 2013

On my Travels This Weekend

On my travels this weekend..... Anyone remember the GoBots????

 photo 4e5c1d20-c5d2-4b74-ab8c-df175cc25ced_zps2809988d.jpg
 photo de9bdf0e-91a3-4f65-9bd5-68a9840d8c0a_zpsd3995951.jpg

GoBots were Tonka toy's version of Hasbro's Transformers.
The toy's were produced from 1983 to 1987 until Tonka was brought out by Hasbro.
The figures came in 2 different size 2-3 inch's of which the figure in the above pictures comes from and 5-6 inch figures.
I seem to remember that the figures were not as well made as Hasbro's transformers but after finding this Scooter figure at the weekend I am not so sure they were.
The pictures are of the actual figure I found and it is very well made and very heavy for it's size.
Hasbro in the end took some of the good names and characters and mixed them in to there popular Transformers toy line, The most famous of which was the rock lords which were stones that transformed into robots and back again.
Sadly there was no comic book for the GoBots  but  there was a comic book strip that appeared in then 1980 relaunch of The Eagle comic called Robo Machines which featured the GoBot Characters. 

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing them, but I was too old to buy them (not that it usually deters me). However, the ones from my childhood were The Zeroids - never had them, still want them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look cool have just done a google search on them.
    Have also looked at ebay man they are not cheep.

    ReplyDelete